In order to have a healthy and glowing skin, you’ve got to be very careful about the choices you make concerning your lifestyle; you must give up the things that harm your skin and embrace new habits, which will help your skin to look young and gorgeous.
First of all, you should start by improving your skin’s core health and functionality. Read below to see a few of the foods you should try to include in your diet in order to improve the appearance of your skin from the inside out.
How to Get Healthy Skin by changing your Diet
Your diet does not only influence your weight, or how strong or weak you are, it also affects the way your skin looks. A healthy, balanced diet will protect your skin, prevent lesions caused by acne or other skin conditions and will offer your skin the glow it needs.
There are several foods that bring great benefits to the skin. Some of them are:
- Low Fat Dairy Products – they contain lots of SkinCell PRO vitamin A, which is essential for the skin. Moreover, this kind of vitamin A is actually vitamin A, in its “final” form, and not beta carotene, which is found in carrots. Some people are not able to transform the beta carotene they get from carrots into vitamin A, so yoghurts that are low in fat are the best chance they have to get vitamin A for their skin. Also, these yoghurts contain bacteria that help the intestines, and all foods that are good for digestion are good for your skin.
- Cold Pressed, Expeller Processed or Extra Virgin Oils – these are the only kinds of oils good for the skin.
- Whole-Wheat Bread and Cereals – they contain selenium, which protects your skin from damages caused by oxidation.
- Berries – they contain high levels of antioxidants, which protect your skin from free radicals, and so, they keep it young.
- Walnuts and Salmon – they are important sources of fatty acids, which help skin cell membranes to stay healthy and hold moisture, keeping the skin hydrated.
Of course, the secret to getting healthy skin from the inside does not only involve what you eat, but also what you drink. Although it’s the subject of much debate, two liters of water (about 8 glasses) per day will keep your skin hydrated and young. Water is essential for hydration and should not be replaced with other liquids (coffee, soup, beer, juices or soda). However, drinking green tea will do lots of good for your skin, because green tea has important anti-inflammatory properties, which protect your skin from the UV rays.
Some other things you can do for your skin involve changing your habits.
How to Get Healthy Skin by Embracing New Habits
First of all, it will be excellent if you manage to quit smoking, or at least manage to smoke less than you are used to. Smoking results in an unsightly appearance of your skin, and helps wrinkles develop, especially around the lips.
Secondly, the sun also has a very bad influence on your skin. Especially in summer, you must always use sunscreen and wear clothes that protect your skin but allow it to breathe.
If you really want to know how to get healthy skin, always remember that stress is very bad for you. Acne is frequently related to increased levels of stress, so make sure you always find time for yourself, to relax and manage your problems with calm and patience.