Since technology has come to inhabit our daily lives in a big way, there is no point in remaining blissfully ignorant about its constant evolution. Every day one comes across stray news regarding the launch of some revolutionary iPhone or the improvement of an existing line of laptops. However, often such news becomes difficult to track down to a credible source thereby making it impossible for interested customers to make further queries. Technology blogs are a great source of organized information. No wonder they have garnered so much popularity in the present times!
There are several advantages attached to such blogs. They are web pages that offer readers a free site where news about the latest innovations in technology are made available capsdoc.com. Since the internet has already invaded almost every home and is at the disposal of people of every age and profession, it will not be right to state that such technology blogs would only be noticed by tech geeks.
By eliminating the hassles of running from one tech market to another and browsing endlessly for information about a single new gadget, these blogs have simplified the whole business of understanding technology as a whole. In fact, more and more companies are pitching their marketing tents on popular blog pages in a bid to boost their business. Since such blogs are frequented by a wide range of readers, they are potential sites for the launching of a company’s new products. Conversely, such marketing strategies allow the blog itself to grow in popularity and increase its readership.
Blogs could also be called impartial critics of technological products. Whenever new products are introduced to the market and the public is still uncertain about its particular features, advantages and disadvantages, these technology blogs guide them to light by providing detailed and objective reviews of the products on their blog pages. Blogs also function as efficient news sites. One can get updates on the latest scandal surrounding a particular company that had probably launched a faulty product a while back. It is also a great way to make potential customers aware and alert. These blogs are the perfect place to begin for those who consider themselves to be technologically disabled and want to mend that.
The blog space also allows for a comparison between products offered by different companies. Since, one has to keep several factors in mind while purchasing a product, some information about the cost, features and other related items can help in making the right choice. To broaden their readership base and popularise their directories, blogs almost always join forces with the various social networking sites. It aids both, since blogs win more interested readers and the readers in turn learn about new technological creations and other related news while they are socialising with others on the networking site. For the social networking site too, it is a win-win situation since they receive more members who sometimes join to keep themselves updated through easy means about the latest innovations in technology.
As more and more people start blogging, finding unique topics to blog about is becoming tougher by the day. Here’s a list of websites you can gather information from for your blog.
1. Quora – This is probably one of the best question and answer websites around. Quora is relatively new, but has grown exponentially over the past few years. The unique feature about this website is that answers are given by experts in the field you ask a question on. It works based on interests, and displays only questions based on the interests you choose when you sign in.
2. Yahoo Answers – This used to be my primary resource for finding content for my blog. You can search country specific answers, or all english answers on this website. The main advantage of Yahoo answers is that it is quite old and has tons of content. One problem with this however is that it has so much content that it will take you a while to browse through it and find out exactly what you need.
3. Mashable – This has of late become the number one tech, information blog I visit. The search on Mashable is quite profound and it has various topics listed out. It can help you find out exactly what you are looking for, if there is a topic written about it. Mashable has a lot of exclusives, and also boasts of a large number of content writers. So, although some of the content is borrowed from Facebook or individual bloggers, Mashable still acts as a repository for all this content, plus some exclusive new content.
4. Books – If you are a blogger, and you are not in the habit of reading books, I suggest you start right now. Reading biographies, like the ones of famous companies like google, Facebook will help you a great deal. Reading specific books about online marketing, or how to leaverage a startup, Investment books etc are great examples.
5. YouTube – Yes, You tube is one of the greatest websites to collect information for your blog. Plus it also gives you the ability to share that particular video or topic you have collected your information from, which in turn will bring traffic to your blog.
6. Digg – Digg has got a new design, and has beautiful gridded views of all their latest news, plus also a section for their upcoming news. Digg has a lot of users, and a lot of news gets broken first on Digg. This is one my favourite websites for finding writable content for my blog.
7. News sites – Make use of sites like CNN, Google News, GoogleA lerts, etc to find great content. Subscribe to them, and feeds from them on a regular basis.
8. Top blogs in your niche – Keep searching the internet for similar blogs as yours. At the time I am writing this article, there are 56, 476, 344 wordpress sites, and there are very high chances that there are similar people like you blogging about similar topics like yours. Find them, source them, talk to them, beat them